Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Where are The Herculoids?


Thinking about old Saturday morning cartoons lately has me pining to see some more of the joys of my youth. As a youngster I caught up with The Herculoids in reruns but I had no way of knowing that they had been originally produced in the late 1960s. I also didn't care! The show was just far too damned cool for a super-hero and monster besotted kid to be anything other than 'must see TV'. Of course, I'm more than aware as an adult how limited the stories were but it still hits that nostalgic sweet spot for me even as I agree with almost everything written in this amusing posting. Here's the variant opening credit sequence--


And just because it makes me smile here's an entire adventure -- in Portuguese!



Now- when does the entire run come out on DVD? I'm waiting.....

No comments: