Monday, December 12, 2011

A Krampus Carol!

According to glorious legend, the demonic Krampus accompanies Santa Claus during his Christmas night rounds, warning and punishing bad children and, in contrast to kindly Santa, doesn't give gifts to them. No, no! When the Krampus finds a naughty kid, he stuffs the child in its sack and carries the stupid runt away to its lair, presumably to be devoured for its Christmas dinner. Talk about 100 proof nightmare fuel! Be good or the Brainiac looking monster will eat you! The teaching of this darker side of the Christmas tale might have steered some kids onto the straight and narrow if I'm any judge of childish thinking. And I've had a lot of practice lately.

1 comment:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I lived in Europe as a kid so I am very familiar with KRAMPUS. He is the tonic to all that ails me over the Holidays. Even the name is perfect. No kids are ever called Santa or Krampus.