Saturday, September 21, 2013

CURSE OF THE UNDEAD (1959)

I went looking for the trailer of this strange late 50's Universal Horror/Western hybrid and instead turned up this four minute snippet on YouTube. I really enjoy this odd pairing of two very different genres and wish that it had been successful enough to warrant more such movies. If you've never seen this one and are a fan of the classic Universal monster films I think you'll get a kick out of this attempt to spice things up as the horror boom faded at the studio.


2 comments:

Randall Landers said...

I want to see this now that I see Eric Fleming in the clip. Great actor whose life was tragically cut short.

Rod Barnett said...

Oh my goodness! You're comment made me curious so I looked up the info on his untimely death. That is so terribly sad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Fleming