Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Grimjack Comic Book Covers








Back in my college years (first go round) I read comics to keep my sanity intact. Until those years the comic books that I had read were strictly Marvel and DC superhero books sprinkled with the occasional horror anthology series for spice. But in my late teens I discovered First Comics and fell in love with Nexus, Badger and most especially Grimjack.  The adventures of John Gaunt were the perfect next step for someone like me who loved Edgar Rice Burroughs novels and science fiction stories so when I was able to get my hands on the first thirty issues at one time for a cheap price (thank you comic book convention dealers!) I sntached them up and read them repeatedly. I still have those comics and actually still have my entire run of the series that I periodically reread. I've been tempted to pick up the various trade paperback collections over the past decade but haven't as yet. But don't let that stop you. If you've never read Grimjack give the character a try - you might find a new favorite like I did all those years ago. 


No comments: